Inconsistency in file size on restore


#1

While doing a restore, I get the following message:

Found inconsistency in the following files while validating database: /home/robert/Documents/Linguistics_career/Papers/.FBCIndex, actual size 786432, dbsize 0, blocksetid: 288 /home/robert/Documents/Linguistics_career/Papers/Exemplar Theory in phonology extends exemplar models from speech perception and word recognition.doc, actual size 188928, dbsize 0, blocksetid: 293 /home/robert/Documents/Linguistics_career/Papers/Exemplar Theory in phonology extends exemplar models from speech perception and word recognition.docx, actual size 1016413, dbsize 0, blocksetid: 295 /home/robert/Documents/Linguistics_career/Papers/Full noun compound list.xls, actual size 860160, dbsize 0, blocksetid: 299 /home/robert/Documents/Linguistics_career/Papers/KIRCHNER_section_edits.doc, actual size 117760, dbsize 0, blocksetid: 303 … and 9447 more. Run repair to fix it.Found inconsistency in the following files while validating database: /home/robert/Documents/Linguistics_career/Papers/.FBCIndex, actual size 786432, dbsize 0, blocksetid: 288 /home/robert/Documents/Linguistics_career/Papers/Exemplar Theory in phonology extends exemplar models from speech perception and word recognition.doc, actual size 188928, dbsize 0, blocksetid: 293 /home/robert/Documents/Linguistics_career/Papers/Exemplar Theory in phonology extends exemplar models from speech perception and word recognition.docx, actual size 1016413, dbsize 0, blocksetid: 295 /home/robert/Documents/Linguistics_career/Papers/Full noun compound list.xls, actual size 860160, dbsize 0, blocksetid: 299 /home/robert/Documents/Linguistics_career/Papers/KIRCHNER_section_edits.doc, actual size 117760, dbsize 0, blocksetid: 303 … and 9447 more. Run repair to fix it.

How do I run a repair?


#2

Under the job menu you should see an “Advanced” line with a “Database …” link.

On that page you should see a blue button for “Repair” that should do the trick.

Please note that some users are reporting long database recreate times, so please try the repair before going to Recreate.

Also note that with 9,447 more files reporting “actual size n vs. dbsize 0” issues it sounds like there might be something else going on. So if these errors come back please let us know.


#3

Can you please be more explicit? I see no “Advanced” line with a “Database …” link. When I run ‘restore’ there is
first, an Advanced Options dialogue that lets me choose options like ‘accept any ssl certificate’ or 'alternate destination marker.
second, under the encryption passphrase window, another Advanced Options dialogue box that says ‘Enter one option per line in command-line format, e.g. --prefix’,
but there is no database link nor blue button for repair.


#4

It’s in the job menu, not restore or the main menu. The issue is that the local database thinks the files should be one size (in this case 0) but what is downloaded is a different size. Since Duplicati doesn’t know if the database is wrong or the download had a problem it ends up declaring the file “suspect”.

image


Which will bring you to:
image


#5

I get the following error:
Failed to authorize using the OAuth service: GetResponse timed out.

I’m not clear on why it even needs the OAuth service, since the database is on my local drive.


#6

The database is a local record of what all has been backed up to your destination. Since the backup can contain historical versions of files that are no longer the same (or available) locally a database repair has to download files from the destination and use their contents to for the rebuild.

Usually, the small dindex files are all that are needed for a repair - but if those aren’t available for some reason, then the actual dblock archive files would need to be downloaded. In both cases, the need to reference the destination files is why OAuth is required.

If you use the main menu “Restore” option and choose “Direct restore from backup files …” this will skip the local database altogether. It’s a slower process but should work even if you had no local database (such as a disk failure). Are you able to restore any files that way that you aren’t able to restore the way you’re trying currently?


#7

‘Direct restore from backup files’ is what I’ve been doing. That’s the process that gives me the ‘found inconsistency’ errors,


#8

Oh, sorry - I didn’t realize that.

Unfortunately I’m not sure what else to suggest - perhaps @kenkendk has some ideas.


#9

Still waiting for some help on this issue …


#10

I was under the impression your restore issue was resolved here:


#11

That reply was from another thread. I opened this thread because many of the files weren’t restored, due to this inconsistency in file size. If you examine your last response, it says
’Unfortunately I’m not sure what else to suggest - perhaps @kenkendk has some ideas.’ If @kenkendk has some ideas, I’d like to hear them.