I have a question and a request to the developers of this program

When you support the cloud from “Mail.ru”, “cloud.mail.ru”, a lot of people use, for 1 year I have been waiting for this opportunity to back up that, because of this, I cannot fully use the program. Add this feature to work as you did with the “GOOGLE disk” forgive
Thanks for attention!!!

I couldn’t find any official English documentation on the API, but assuming this code base is using it correctly it should be possible to make an integration.

I’d suggest opening a feature request on the github page to make it more visible to developers.

You can help me with this about the lack of support for Mail.ru (and this application doesn’t work well), since I don’t know English only as a translator​:grin::cry:

The site that example code is on has one issue open. I ran the text of the issue through a translator app and got the following:

I'm not sure, but I think the cloud has a new API. On two different servers, everything worked smoothly until 01-04-2018. I think they changed something there.
Now it is authorized, but the file cannot be downloaded or uploaded.

So, we may need to keep looking. Or, run the API through a translator and test thoroughly.

Hi @BMurri, welcome to the forum - an thanks for taking the time to translate that text!

The open issue you quoted seems fairly stale so I’m hoping it’s been resolved and just not closed. :slight_smile:

I’ve created a (very basic) GitHub entry asking for mail.ru support - hopefully that will attract a developer:
Support mail.ru backend · Issue #3688 · duplicati/duplicati · GitHub

Доступ по WebDAV

Translation begins:

"WebDAV Access

If you have a paid tariff connected, you can connect to the service via WebDAV protocol. On your computer, the Cloud will look like a regular file system."

WebDAV

“Duplicati can use WebDAV servers to store backups.”

Have you tried Duplicati’s current WebDAV capability?

How to Fix this Error When Creating a Database Fix Already Created Backup Copy suggests maybe so, although it’s not clear, and the support dialog ended (support through translators adds some difficulty…).

I’m not sure what earlier support topic tried, but what happens if you set Duplicati to use direct WebDAV?

From a resource point of view, it might be faster to get WebDAV going than to create a new storage type, even assuming an API can found. They do have APIs for other things, but the page seems to lack file API.

There is code around the Internet that does files somehow anyway, but in my view official APIs are safer, and Duplicati should consider documenting anything reverse-engineered as having greater risks of failing for possibly long periods (or forever) if the storage provider decides to change something in the protocols.

OneDrive failing : “The remote server returned an error: (410) Gone.” is Microsoft’s announced API cutoff.

I’m not sure, but I think the cloud has a new API. On two different servers, everything worked smoothly until 01-04-2018. I think they changed something there.
Now it is authorized, but the file cannot be downloaded or uploaded.

thank you thanks for the support

I’m confused. That post was an exact copy of the translation of the Santyago522 Apr 20, 2018 GitHub issue. Was that your issue based on use of that PHP library, indicating their API changed? If so, it’s another reason to use caution if we try to do something based on the library. I would still suggest that you try direct WebDAV. You can even try working with their support if it doesn’t work, because they documented that it ought to work. There are quite a few WebDAV clients around, and using them might be a good first step to using Duplicati’s.

1 Like

A new way out program from Mail.ru monitors the region on the system as a hard disk but Duplikat does not support well does not work