Hyper-V error "Could not load file or assembly 'AlphaVSS.Common"

As soon as I start a backup of a Hyper-V VM, I get this error:

System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly ‘AlphaVSS.Common, Version=1.4.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=959d3993561034e3’ or one of its dependencies. The located assembly’s manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
File name: ‘AlphaVSS.Common, Version=1.4.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=959d3993561034e3’
at Duplicati.Library.Common.IO.VssBackupComponents…ctor()
at Duplicati.Library.Snapshots.HyperVUtility.d__17.MoveNext()
at Duplicati.Library.Snapshots.HyperVUtility.QueryHyperVGuestsInfo(Boolean bIncludePaths)
at Duplicati.Library.Modules.Builtin.HyperVOptions.RealParseSourcePaths(String& paths, String& filter, Dictionary2 commandlineOptions) at Duplicati.Library.Modules.Builtin.HyperVOptions.ParseSourcePaths(String[]& paths, String& filter, Dictionary2 commandlineOptions)
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.SetupCommonOptions(ISetCommonOptions result, String& paths, IFilter& filter)
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.RunAction[T](T result, String& paths, IFilter& filter, Action`1 method)
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.Backup(String inputsources, IFilter filter)
at Duplicati.Server.Runner.Run(IRunnerData data, Boolean fromQueue)

I am on Duplicati Version 2.0.5.1_beta_2020-01-18
Im using the AlphaVSS Files 2.0.0 which I downloaded with Nuget and have put the 3 files (.net45 Version i think) to the alphavss folder and restartet.

It seems Duplicati still expects the old version of alphavss. Do I need to register somehting?

Welcome to the forum @esackbauer

Yes. Is that a problem? The release noted changes in 2.0.0 don’t look particularly essential and didn’t come out early enough (December 2019) to be adequately proven in time for Beta launch in January.

What was happening before that? I don’t think Duplicati is intended to have people upgrading its parts.

Sorry I was stupid. Replaced with original files from Alphavss 1.4.0.0, and it works now.
Seems I had the wrong Visual C++ Runtimes installed… facepalm