How to restore downloaded backup files to new machine

HI,
I backed up my old machine to Backblaze using Duplicati. Now I’ve downloaded a snapshot from Backblaze containing the contents of my bucket, namely 670 dindex files and 670 dblock files, and 1 dlist file. Now I want to recover the files, but instead of restoring the original system state of my old machine, I want to recover the files to a sub-directory (say, /copyOfOldDesktop, or something like that). I’ve tried using the web gui numerous times but just get Warning and Error messages that are empty, and I’ve had no luck with the CLI tool. I’m a PhD student in CS so I feel fairly equipped to work in the command line but am totally flumuxed by the documentation for Duplicati. I am running Linux Mint. All the files are AES256 encrypted. Any help would be very much appreciated!
Thanks,
Max

If you have a full copy of your backup files (dlist, dindex, dblock) then I would use the Web UI and choose the Restore -> Direct Restore from Backup Files option.

You’ll be able to redirect the restore to a different folder if you choose.

If you get warning or error messages please post those details so we can help further.

Welcome to the forum!

Alright, thanks for the help! I did that, and this time I used this answer to track down the log messages, which all look like this:

Oct 6, 2019 10:35 AM: The operation Repair has failed with error: Failed to decrypt data (invalid passphrase?): Invalid password or corrupted data
Oct 6, 2019 10:35 AM: Failed to process file: duplicati-20190612T205828Z.dlist.zip.aes

… etc. I am fairly certain I have the correct credentials, because I use a Password Manager and copy-paste all my passwords so it would be fairly difficult for me to mess it up. So, my best guess is the files got corrupted somehow.

Does that seem like a reasonable analysis? And if so, am I just out of luck? Thanks for the help!

This most likely means you are using the wrong encryption passphrase.

You originally had the data at Backblaze B2, correct? With B2 in the picture you had an overall Backblaze account and password, then for your B2 bucket you had an application ID and application key. Those should all be different values.

Make sure you’re not accidentally supplying the Backblaze password or B2 application key for the Duplicati encryption passphrase.