How to interpret this Warning

Hallo,
I got the following warning.

Warning while running Cintanotes → SSD L:!BackupCintanotesDuplicati
2022-11-17 09:30:42 +01 - [Warning-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.FileBlockProcessor.FileEntry-PathProcessingFailed]: Failed to process path: C:\Users\rwbdev\AppData\Roaming\CintaNotes\cintanotes.db

What does it mean? Is the backup valid?
When I stoped the database Cintanotes it was possible to do another backup without warning. Am I on the safe side with the underlying first backup having this warning?

Kind regards
Rolf Blum

it means that the file is open and by default Duplicati can’t open it.

You can usually run Duplicati as a service and enable snapshots in the backup advanced options and it will be able to backup your database correctly (if the database software is managing Windows snapshots that is, but that’s outside what Duplicati can do).

As of the error message, it is not ideal. There is a Github issue to get a better message in this case I think, but at the moment get at the real cause of some problems like this needs to boost the error level reporting and dig in the UI, or use email reporting.

Thanks for your reply,

I am using Duplicati - 2.0.6.3_beta_2021-06-17 and do not know if it is
running as a service, but I asume it is because under W8.1 I have an
entry in the taskbar saying: Open Pause Quit.

In the options I did not find any entry to enable shapshots. Where
exactly I have to look?

Thanks again

Rolf Blum

no the taskbar is available even when running as a task. You can look at ‘started by’ in the About section, it can be ‘Server’ (service mode) or ‘tray icon’ (user mode)
You have to install the thing as a service and then you can set snapshot-policy under advanced options for a given backup. I believe that all this info is available in the documentation and is also available in this forum archives.

no the taskbar is available even when running as a task. You can look at
‘started by’ in the About section, it can be ‘Server’ (service mode) or
‘tray icon’ (user mode)
ok, I found this, in my case it is StartedBy: Tray icon
If I reinstall will I lose the access to my databases? That is, have I
to reenter all the jobes?
You have to install the thing as a service and then you can set
snapshot-policy under advanced options for a given backup. I believe
that all this info is available in the documentation and is also
available in this forum archives.
I will look it up. (rtfm :slightly_smiling_face:)

Thank you for your time.

about your jobs, the database location sure is located different in service mode.
I have no experience of migrating to service mode when having a config already set (setting up as a service is the first thing I do when installing Duplicati), but even if the migration is not done automatically, it’s not difficult to export your jobs as json (that’s what you should do anyway) and to import them again in the new database.

Migrating from User to Service install on Windows if you like, but starting again with a service works too.
Using non-default database location (--server-datafolder option) avoids death by Windows upgrade.