I have 2 systems that I recently changed to use smart retention. At the moment, both are sitting on "Deleting unwanted files … "
Both systems are running 184.108.40.206_canary_2021-03-10 and using backblaze for storage.
- last “live” verbose log entry is "Jul 21, 2021 7:59 PM: Backend event: Delete - Completed: duplicati-i38a882484de943d186c926b3fd482543.dindex.zip.aes (88.56 KB) "
- Source: 5.03 TB
- Backup: 8.24 TB / 22 Versions
- last “live” verbose log entry is "Jul 25, 2021 9:45 PM: Backend event: Delete - Completed: duplicati-if5bfd1cd7b054550997de03099dfa393.dindex.zip.aes (61.47 KB) "
- Source: 698.69 GB
- Backup: 2.88 TB / 27 Versions
I assume from googling around that both systems are running a “compact”:
- is it normal for there to be no logging during the “compact”?
- are these stuck, and should I abort them?
- if not stuck, is there any reasonable way to estimate how much longer the “compact” phase is going to take?
Please let me know if there is any other information I can provide that would be helpful.