How Can I see The Files Updated Only in the Latest Backup?

I am backing up the /home folder on a Linux machine, and the destination backup is getting pretty large, even when there has been no activity on the machine since the previous backup. It seems to be a config, cache, etc that is changing constantly, and a new copy is being saved every few hours when the backup runs. I have excluded as many files and folders as I can think of, but I just can’t pinpoint where the extra gigs of backups are coming from every few hours.

Is there a way that I can see a list of any file that was changed and/or backed up ONLY on the last backup? Or better yet, to view by backup date and time?

When I run the find command through the webUI, there are just too many files to make any sense of it.

1 Like

The command you need to run is compare, not find.

Usage: compare <storage-URL> [<base-version>] [<compare-to>] [<options>]

For more information:

1 Like

That is exactly what I was looking for. I appreciate your help.

For anyone else that finds this, here is the command line input I was using on a linux system:

duplicati-cli compare file:///media/user/folder-backup-location/ 180 181 --verbose

This was for a local backup set on a flash drive. The two numbers are the backup versions you want to compare.

3 Likes