Google Drive Authentication fails from within Docker container

I’m certain this is specific to my docker container. But I’m not sure how to figure out what I’m doing wrong.

If I use the “Test Connection” button on the “Destination” tab, it fails.

Failed to connect: Failed to authorize using the OAuth service: Error: TrustFailure (The authentication or decryption has failed.). If the problem persists, try generating a new authid token from: Duplicati OAuth Handler

I tried using the same Google account on another job via a Duplicati instance that isn’t running in Docker, and it worked perfectly. This was after I made sure both Duplicati instances were running 2.0.3.3_beta_2018-04-02.

I tried getting a new OAuth token. That did not help.

I believe I have the networking configured correctly. I can ping google.com from within the running container.

I also thought there might be missing ssl certs, so I made sure to install ca-certificates.

Is there a way to generate a more detailed error message?

Here is a gist of my code:

Figured it out. ca-certificates is not enough. I needed ca-certificates-mono as well.

2 Likes

Hello, I’m having the same problem, what exactly did you do to solve this problem?

Did you install this certificate package on the host?

My server is ArchLinux, I have no mono.

[tales@t4l35 Duplicati]$ sudo pacman -Ss ca-certificates
[sudo] password for tales: 
core/ca-certificates 20181109-4 [installed]
    Common CA certificates (default providers)
core/ca-certificates-mozilla 3.63-1 [installed: 3.62-1]
    Mozilla's set of trusted CA certificates
core/ca-certificates-utils 20181109-4 [installed]
    Common CA certificates (utilities)

Is this the same server as described below? If so, mono goes with Duplicati. It’s what runs the code.

Who provided the Duplicati Docker? I don’t use Docker, but generic mono TLS troubleshooting info is
Secure Socket Layer (SSL) / Transport Layer Security (TLS). Note mono has its own certificate store. Prebuilt images “should” take care of that. If you’re building your own, that’s something you must do…