Google Cloud Storage Oauth fails everywere, on all my Duplicati installation!

Good morning. Starting from tonight 0:00 all of my Duplicati Installation fails to connect to Google Cloud Storage. The message is: Impossibile autorizzare l’utilizzo del servizio OAuth: Server error. Se il problema persiste, prova a generare un nuovo token da: Duplicati OAuth Handler
(Impossible to authorize OAuth service: server error. Try to generate a new token…)
The issue persists also after having recreate a new token.
I’ve tried it on three different version of Duplicati but with no result!
Please HELP

(Duplicati latest version on Windows Server)

Same issue at my end…

Sorry - there is a fundamental difference: at my end it fails for Microsoft OneDrive…

Same issue here. Backup on Saturday succeeded. Backup on Sunday failed. Our backups are set to backup to Google Drive instead of Google Cloud Storage.

OAuth succeeds in getting the code, Test Connection fails.

I’ve tried restarting the Duplicati service, no success.

Duplicati.Library.Interface.UserInformationException: Failed to authorize using the OAuth service: Server error. If the problem persists, try generating a new authid token from: https://duplicati-oauth-handler.appspot.com?type=googledrive ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.
   at Duplicati.Library.Utility.AsyncHttpRequest.AsyncWrapper.GetResponseOrStream()
   at Duplicati.Library.Utility.AsyncHttpRequest.GetResponse()
   at Duplicati.Library.JSONWebHelper.GetResponse(AsyncHttpRequest req, Object requestdata)
   at Duplicati.Library.JSONWebHelper.ReadJSONResponse[T](AsyncHttpRequest req, Object requestdata)
   at Duplicati.Library.OAuthHelper.GetTokenResponse[T]()
   at Duplicati.Library.OAuthHelper.get_AccessToken()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Duplicati.Library.Main.BackendManager.List()
   at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.FilelistProcessor.RemoteListAnalysis(BackendManager backend, Options options, LocalDatabase database, IBackendWriter log, IEnumerable`1 protectedFiles)
   at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.FilelistProcessor.VerifyRemoteList(BackendManager backend, Options options, LocalDatabase database, IBackendWriter log, IEnumerable`1 protectedFiles)
   at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.PreBackupVerify(BackendManager backend, String protectedfile)
   at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.<RunAsync>d__20.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at CoCoL.ChannelExtensions.WaitForTaskOrThrow(Task task)
   at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.<>c__DisplayClass14_0.<Backup>b__0(BackupResults result)
   at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.RunAction[T](T result, String[]& paths, IFilter& filter, Action`1 method)
   at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.Backup(String[] inputsources, IFilter filter)
   at Duplicati.Server.Runner.Run(IRunnerData data, Boolean fromQueue)

I am sorry to chime in with Google Drive being problematic.
Reading up on

I have problem in docker running on synology (2.0.6.101_canary_2022-03-13)
I also tested from my windows pure installation (2.0.6.3_beta_2021-06-17) from a totally different network - same error.

I tried to create oath token directly from Duplicati OAuth Handler
I tried to go first https://duplicati-oauth-handler.appspot.com/ and then Google Drive (limited) login

All give me new tokens, but same error message as the stacktrace above from @Sutnyul

Exact error message:

Failed to authorize using the OAuth service: Server error. If the problem persists, try generating a new authid token from: Duplicati OAuth Handler

Exact error message after regenerating and clicking the Test connection button:

Failed to connect: Failed to authorize using the OAuth service: Server error. If the problem persists, try generating a new authid token from: Duplicati OAuth Handler

I’ve got the same issue, same error messages - using GCP, stopped working today

Paweł

Hi,

I eventually got it to work when I had those issues.

I had to start from scratch, new container, new config file. I was trying to reuse the config from previously installations and continued to get an error.

Try spinning up a new container, not related to the container your having an issue with, so a fresh container, new config file and then try to connect to Google.

If that works, then you know it’s an issue with your config. If that doesn’t work, I’m unsure as that’s what fixed it for me.

This isn’t just Google - it seems to be all providers using OAuth
I’ve put a main thread here to try to consolidate :
https://forum.duplicati.com/t/oauth-issues-affecting-multiple-storage-providers/14564/2

1 Like