GDrive: Failed to process path

Hi All,

For some of Google´s GDrive paths I receive the warning (on Win10 Prof):
[Warning-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.FileBlockProcessor.FileEntry-PathProcessingFailed]: Failed to process path: ...

About → Show log → Live → Warning shows at the end of the end of each warning:

System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()\r\n   bei Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.FileBlockProcessor.<>c__DisplayClass1_0.<<Run>b__0>d.MoveNext()","RemoteStackTraceString":null,"RemoteStackIndex":0,"ExceptionMethod":"8\nWinIOError\nmscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089\nSystem.IO.__Error\nVoid WinIOError(Int32, System.String)","HResult":-2147024895,"Source":"mscorlib","WatsonBuckets":null}

Some of those paths are containing space or comma, but most of them are “normal” paths (English letters).

Is there some workaround for that?

Thank you

Hello

I’m not sure what you are trying to do, are you using a tool to access a cloud backend as a system drive (such as for example under Windows the drive say X: would point at a cloud folder), and trying to use Duplicati to actually backup your cloud in an indirect way ? If yes, that’s not really the point of Duplicati, that aims at backing up local resources to the cloud.
Software emulation of remote resources through fake local drives often is not very complete and can’t be used by all software. IIRC there was a post about trying to use a mapped drive to Dropbox and it was failing in random ways when the file was not locally cached. So generally not a good idea.

OK, the problem is solved:
The warning comes only for folders containing *.gsheet, *.gdoc, etc. (GDrive-) files. I exluded them in the filter and now it is doing the job without warning.

Regards