Frequent "registering a missing remote file" errors

I installed Duplicati for my mother and she gets this every time, deleting/repair does not work, looking at suggestions here and in GitHub on same topic some of it too much for us to try figure out… in the end I deleted her backup from destination and we start again. I wish the application could keep itself automatically in check and reconciled. Not everyone are technical and expect backups to work and repairs to actually repair.

As far as the back end storage - the only thing that ever touches it is Duplicati.

This is message we kept getting:

Remote file referenced as duplicati-bf4fb510dc367425884c441f24144b9ca.dblock.zip.aes, but not found in list, registering a missing remote file,

Remote file referenced as duplicati-b6e51421b5b1740a59743b2a847bfcdb9.dblock.zip.aes, but not found in list, registering a missing remote file.

I hope it doesn’t happen to me, I have a hell of a lot more files than my mother!

Even after remove local database AND also remove the backup files completely from the cloud storage… we still get the same errors…

So you deleted the local database AND the remote files and tried to run the backup job again, or did you start over with a new job and are getting the errors again?

(Oh, and please let me know if this new topic title makes sense to you.)

Hi, I kept the job schedule, so did not recreate it. I would have thought what I did would do it… ( deleting the local database AND the remote files and re-run job).

Yes, topic makes sense.