First time using duplicati - errors with OneDrive backup

I set up a test linux VM running Fedora 36 and Duplicati, backing up to OneDrive. I started with a small backup job, just my /home directory on the VM. The backup appears to have partially worked, but it threw three errors:

* 2022-11-02 15:34:22 -07 - [Error-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.TestHandler-FailedToProcessFile]: Failed to process file duplicati-20221102T223333Z.dlist.zip.aes
* 2022-11-02 15:35:06 -07 - [Error-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.TestHandler-FailedToProcessFile]: Failed to process file duplicati-i3eef55e3dc994ac5b9908f53b879bb54.dindex.zip.aes
* 2022-11-02 15:35:51 -07 - [Error-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.TestHandler-FailedToProcessFile]: Failed to process file duplicati-b8519fcbef0b94fa2b5f0e9498f7c9c34.dblock.zip.aes

Those three files are also present if I view my OneDrive directly, so Duplicati was successfully able to connect and write at least some data.

I didn’t see anything recent in the archives when searching these errors. Help is appreciated.

Welcome to the forum @klieber

That’s an umbrella Microsoft marketing term. What Storage Type did you set on Duplicati Destination?

Is that from a job log summary? If so, look for same files in Complete log view, maybe in “TestResults”.
Error details are required. They would be there, but unfortunately not on the one-line summary of errors.

My O365 account is a Microsoft Business Premium license, so I set up OneDrive for business. On the errors, here’s what I found in the complete log:

"TestResults": {
    "MainOperation": "Test",
    "VerificationsActualLength": 3,
    "Verifications": [
      {
        "Key": "duplicati-20221103T200000Z.dlist.zip.aes",
        "Value": [
          {
            "Key": "Error",
            "Value": "Cannot send a content-body with this verb-type."
          }
        ]
      },
      {
        "Key": "duplicati-ie6ba0f3d098f47d4aeca773fc0f91c36.dindex.zip.aes",
          {
          }
        ]
      },
      {
        "Key": "duplicati-b8519fcbef0b94fa2b5f0e9498f7c9c34.dblock.zip.aes",
          {
          }
        ]
      }

OK - thanks for the pointer to the more detailed error logs. That error code (“cannot send a content-body with this verb-type”) allowed me to find more search results in the forum.

I moved to using OneDrive v2 and that successfully backed up for me.

Appreciate the help.

1 Like

Backend OneDrive for Business Errors - “Cannot send a content-body with this verb-type.” #4192
has some information on history, possible cause, possible workaround by changing Storage Type.

Microsoft OneDrive v2 (Microsoft Graph API)

This backend can store backups in both OneDrive and OneDrive for Business via the Microsoft Graph API.

but you beat me to that. Glad the move works.