FileAccessError in hidden Spotlight folder on macOS

Hey

I run Duplicat on macOS, where I also backup data from an external disk connected with USB. After I upgraded from 2.0.6.1 beta to 2.0.7.1 beta, I started getting four identical warnings every time I complete a backup:

2024-01-16 01:00:26 +01 - [Warning-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.FileEnumerationProcess-FileAccessError]: Error reported while accessing file: /System/Volumes/Data/Volumes/NameOfVolume/.Spotlight-V100/

I have added an “Exclude folder” filter and added the above folder from the warning. But the warnings are persistent with every backup job. Is there a way to avoid these warnings, when an exclusion of the folder isn’t sufficient?

it should be. If you edit the backup, in tab 3 (destination), when you navigate to your excluded folder(s), do you see them with a red cross in the UI ?

seldup

No, the folder wasn’t crossed out in the interface. I manually added the “Exclude folder” in the Filter-settings.

After excluding the folder via. the interface instead, it seems to have solved the issue. So there might be an issue when adding filters manually and not using the interface.

Thanks for the help! :slight_smile: