" Failed to process index file" when doing database recreate

I think my computer got shut down in the middle of a backup, and I haven’t been able to complete a backup since then. When I try to recreate the DB, I get two of these errors:

2020-09-09 13:42:25 -07 - [Error-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.RecreateDatabaseHandler-IndexFileProcessingFailed]: Failed to process index file: duplicati-....dindex.zip.aes

Trying to recreate again doesn’t help.

Luckily, I’m not recovering any files, so deleting files from the backup is OK. I’m just trying to get Duplicati back in a good state so I can complete a backup.

Is that from the job log? That gets one line, and so loses details that would help understand the problem.

About → Show log → Live → Error during recreate would show more. You might need to click that line.

dblock files are the ones you don’t want to lose. dindex files (and actually dlist) can be recreated from DB, however it’s not clear you got the DB put back together. Did you happen to save a pre-recreate database?

Do the dindex files it’s complaining about look like new ones, assuming you can see dates on destination? What’s the Storage Type on Destination screen 2? Some may be more likely to leave incomplete files.
You can integrity-test the file by trying to decrypt it, e.g. with AES Crypt, or Duplicati’s SharpAESCrypt.exe