Failed to backup to Google Drive after couple of months

Since two days I get the following error message when backing up to Google Drive:

As suggested by the message, I tried renewing the authid token for Google Drive, but that does not help either.

I run Duplicati 2 version 2017-08-01 - 2.0.2.1_beta_2017-08-01.

Does anyone know what is going on and how I can fix this problem?

Duplicati.Library.Interface.UserInformationException: Failed to authorize using the OAuth service: GetResponse timed out. If the problem persists, try generating a new authid token from: https://duplicati-oauth-handler.appspot.com?type=googledrive ---> System.Net.WebException: GetResponse timed out ---> System.Net.WebException: Aborted.
  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse (IAsyncResult asyncResult) <0x40a792d0 + 0x001a3> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Duplicati.Library.Utility.AsyncHttpRequest+AsyncWrapper.OnAsync (IAsyncResult r) <0x40a6ed00 + 0x000eb> in <filename unknown>:0 
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at Duplicati.Library.Utility.AsyncHttpRequest+AsyncWrapper.GetResponseOrStream () <0x40a252c0 + 0x0010b> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Duplicati.Library.Utility.AsyncHttpRequest.GetResponse () <0x40a71e70 + 0x00163> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Duplicati.Library.JSONWebHelper.GetResponse (Duplicati.Library.Utility.AsyncHttpRequest req, System.Object requestdata) <0x40ae4e70 + 0x0040f> in <filename unknown>:0 
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at Duplicati.Library.Main.BackendManager.List () <0x40ae20a0 + 0x0016b> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.FilelistProcessor.RemoteListAnalysis (Duplicati.Library.Main.BackendManager backend, Duplicati.Library.Main.Options options, Duplicati.Library.Main.Database.LocalDatabase database, IBackendWriter log, System.String protectedfile) <0x40adeed0 + 0x0015b> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.FilelistProcessor.VerifyRemoteList (Duplicati.Library.Main.BackendManager backend, Duplicati.Library.Main.Options options, Duplicati.Library.Main.Database.LocalDatabase database, IBackendWriter log, System.String protectedfile) <0x40ade4b0 + 0x000cb> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.PreBackupVerify (Duplicati.Library.Main.BackendManager backend, System.String protectedfile) <0x40addfa0 + 0x001af> in <filename unknown>:0 

It sounds like you’re not the only one:

One time this error was reported (though not with Google Drive) here’s what @kenkendk had to say:

Thanks! I managed to get a successful backup following the suggestion by ElRico on github:

For future reference, I’ve kinda figured this out. Using openssl s_client -connect duplicati-oauth-handler.appspot.com:443, I saw that the certificate chain included a retired Equifax certificate as root. Since it is not being distributed anymore, I got hold of a copy from this page and added it to the machine trust store via certmgr -add -c -m Trust Equifax.crt. Why this is still required I can’t say.

So it seems there is indeed a trust store issue (my browser can connect to duplicati-oauth-handler.appspot.com:443 just fine). In addition, should I report upstream the bug with accept-any-ssl-certificate not being honored in the final verification?

I manually added the root certificate of Equifax and now it works fine. It still surprises me that it failed to work since a couple of days.

After doing some searching on internet I think it is a Mono-issue (since mono tlstest.exe https://www.google.com returned Error #-2146762486: CERT_E_CHAINING 0x800B010A before I installed Equifax’ certificate.

Thank you for your help.

Should I close this issue since it is not related to Duplcati?

Since you fixed it yourself I’ve flagged your post as the solution. Good job figuring it out! :slight_smile: