Exclude offline files broken with OneDrive?

Some bits in the file attributes are masked out #33644 was part of a who-dropped-the-bits chase that wound up in behavior discussions, settings to configure, and consistency issues among various code.

It would be nice if the Offline attribute is enough, because the newer ones from Files On-Demand are undocumented in an official way that I’ve found for program use. Command use is partly documented:

C:\>attrib /?
  O   Offline attribute.
  P   Pinned attribute.
  U   Unpinned attribute.

Query and set Files On-Demand states reminds me this is also a Mac issue, and it has a command.

OneDrive for Mac Gets Files On-Demand was one article on the announcement. I don’t have a Mac.

File Attribute Constants only shows below.

FILE_ATTRIBUTE_OFFLINE (with rather limited use, not mentining Files on Demand)
FILE_ATTRIBUTE_RECALL_ON_DATA_ACCESS
FILE_ATTRIBUTE_RECALL_ON_OPEN

FileAttributes Enum for latest .NET Framework shows none of these newer attributes but has Offline.

How do I get/set OneDrive “Files On Demand” status from PowerShell? tried to understand new bits.
OneDrive File Attributes Uncovered pointed to that and provided a simplified summary of its findings.

Force users Onedrive to free up space with powershell uses these undocumented values + attrib.

I’m not immediately looking at FILE_ATTRIBUTE_REPARSE_POINT because it’s a pretty general thing.
FILE_ATTRIBUTE_SPARSE_FILE also is sort of an older attribute, which may or may not relate to this.

Have they been backed up by Duplicati before? If not, it likely considers them new files, and does so. Your goal (they vary) sounds like you want Duplicati to ignore the folders. Using excludes might work.
Getting something like a backup of what’s local currently might sometimes be preferred, however one question there is what happens if the remote file is updated? I think probably the timestamp changes. This probably won’t cause a download ordinarily – until Duplicati sees the new time and downloads it.

–changed-files with PowerShell or something might allow crafting which files you want to be looked at instead a doing filesystem walk, however if it’s looked at, and new or updated, it likely gets backed up. Here was another thought of using --changed-files, but it seems to be somewhat awkard in actual use.