Excessive failures/warnings - AKA making Duplicati more stable

Hello @anomaly0617

“Unexpected difference in fileset” test case and code clue #3800 has a fix for at least one way it happens in
Release: 2.0.4.22 (canary) 2019-06-30 which I would encourage you to try on a test system if you have one that’s known to hit the error often. Canary is bleeding-edge, but this one is Release: 2.0.4.21 (experimental) 2019-06-28 plus limited other fixes, and “experimental” is the final test before beta, so testing will help beta.

Testing helps, and testers with enough systems and expertise to file useful issues (ideally with information someone could use to reproduce or understand the issue) can offer big benefits to knowing where to start.

The rate of development is limited by the time, skills, and facilities that development volunteers can donate. Sometimes users have lots more equipment and variety, and the trick is to get feedback in a useful format.

There are very few backends that are able to achieve this feat, if it’s real – have you checked the backend, and is it Google Drive by any chance? google drive API allows duplicates? Is there an issue or forum post? There weren’t any I could find with adequate posted information such as lines from the –log-file option with –log-file-log-level=retry (or higher if one is trying finest-grained debugging at the expense of very large logs, however it becomes so large that that’s more something a developer would do, given steps to reproduce).

In terms of new features and abilities, discussion on those would perhaps be better as individual topics in Features category. That doesn’t bring resources, though, and there are a lot of open issues and requests.

Specifically on recreate or repair though, that’s a sore spot at the moment even when run manually, so an automatic run might be controversial. There was a rewrite started, but I’m not sure when/if it will come out.