Errors and warning, what to do with them?

In 1 task I’ve an error and in the other 10 warnings and it’s not clear to me how to proceed.

Error;
 Errors: [
        2019-01-06 13:40:04 +01 - [Error-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.TestHandler-FailedToProcessFile]: Failed to process file duplicati-b744e208324f749ce8c1c880a98a88c6d.dblock.zip.aes
    ]
Warnings:
  Warnings: [
        2019-01-06 13:29:20 +01 - [Warning-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.FileEnumerationProcess-FileAccessError]: Error reported while accessing file: E:\System Volume Information\,
        2019-01-06 13:29:20 +01 - [Warning-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.FileEnumerationProcess-FileAccessError]: Error reported while accessing file: E:\System Volume Information\,
        2019-01-06 13:33:52 +01 - [Warning-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.FileEnumerationProcess-FileAccessError]: Error reported while accessing file: E:\System Volume Information\,
        2019-01-06 13:33:52 +01 - [Warning-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.FileEnumerationProcess-FileAccessError]: Error reported while accessing file: E:\System Volume Information\,
        2019-01-06 13:33:52 +01 - [Warning-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.MetadataGenerator.Metadata-MetadataProcessFailed]: Failed to process metadata for "E:\System Volume Information\", storing empty metadata,

Thanks!

Hi @Snipper, welcome to the forum!

The “Error reported while accessing file” warnings are likely caused by you running Duplicati as a normal user then having it try to back up system parts of the hard drive. You can get around this by either running it as an admin (such as by running Duplicati as a service) or specifically excluding folders to which Duplicati doesn’t have access rights.

The “Failed to process file” error seems to be related to the Duplicati step where it tests some of your backup files to make sure they’re still valid. Unfortunately, I can’t tell whether the issue is related to fetching the file or using it after it’s been fetched.

(By the way, I edited your post to make the messages easier to read.)

1 Like

System Volume Information” is a hidden system folder that you probably never want to backup or restore.

For the “Failed to process”, especially if it repeats, see if you can find more in About --> Show logs --Live.

Hi,
I’m experiencing the same warnings for folders I don’t want to backup under Windows ,too.

• Config.Msi
  • $RECYCLE.BIN
  • System Volume Information

Tried filters found on the forum - no luck
Tried to deselect the three folders from drive root in Web UI while “Show hidden files” was on - no luck.

What exactly does a newbie like me have to do to prevent Duplicati listing and trying to back up these directories?
I’m on the most recent release version.

Thanks.

Kind regards
Catfriend1

1 Like