Error: The socket has been shut down

Another possibility is that the damage is not old, but new-made while network was broken.
I tried lining up dindex and dblock files. Normally they’re in State Verified, but not currently,
because bailing out early avoids that. I added State Uploaded, and numbers looked better.
Ideally I like IndexBlockLink rows to line up with Verified Index and Blocks. Here that works
for Blocks, but not for Index. Are there extra Index? If so, how does that relate to the issue?

5772    IndexBlockLink
5769    Verified Index
11      Uploaded Index
5761    Verified Blocks
11      Uploaded Blocks

Above is just numeric sanity-check. If I suspect new damage, I’ll have to study exact new files.

Database and destination internals was my attempt to describe the file formats. The above sentence is applicable (IIRC) to anything that’s looking for blocks and doesn’t have dindex mapping block to dblock.
The dlist in a blocklist situation references blocklists by hash, but usually dindex has copies in list folder. Are you thinking this is the sort of block it’s looking for, as it could also be second-level, as the blocklist references data and metadata blocks through hashes as well, and all of those things are in dblock files?

The rest of that post still seems to be talking about multi-block files, thus blocklists instead of small files that are single-block. Metadata is typically tiny, so single-block. I’ll have to read through this more times.