Error in Updater - Access to ... "current' is denied

When I attempt to install [2.0.6.3_beta_2021-06-17], the update fails and I see the following error in the log:

Aug 22, 2021 6:52 PM: Error in updater
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path ‘C:\ProgramData\Duplicati\updates\current’ is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream…ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.StreamWriter…ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.File.InternalWriteAllText(String path, String contents, Encoding encoding, Boolean checkHost)
at Duplicati.Library.AutoUpdater.UpdaterManager.DownloadAndUnpackUpdate(UpdateInfo version, Action`1 progress)

Strange. It may be an issue with the NTFS permissions at that location.

Probably the quickest way to get up and running is to download the MSI package for 2.0.6.3 and install that way.

Rod,

I tried your suggestion. It worked.

Thanks.

Not sure the best way to fix the problem with the permissions on the “update” folder. Perhaps deleting the C:\ProgramData\Duplicati folder and let Duplicati recreate it would be one approach.