Error: Could not load file or assembly 'Duplicati.Library.IO, Version=2.0.0.7

I recently started getting this error when I started a backup. Before I did anything, I wanted to see if anyone had any input?

Could not load file or assembly ‘Duplicati.Library.IO, Version=2.0.0.7, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Hello

well, that’s not supposed to happen. So it may be that something deleted the file or one the files it depends on, or that the disk is corrupted, or if you use Windows, an antivirus is throwing a fit.
If you use Windows, you can try the IlSpy tool to find out what is the problematic file. Unfortunately this is not an easy one click tool to just display the problem.

Oh, that’s a good point. Should I also consider a repair of the Duplicati install as well?

That’s a different approach than what I’m used to, as I tend to prefer understanding before repairing (or attempting to). You can always try. If your disk is beginning to fail, a successful repair will not mean much even in the short term.