Early preview of .Net8 builds, codename `2.0.8.105`

Testing results for duplicati-2.0.8.105_debug_2024-04-16-win-x64-gui.msi on Windows 11 Pro x64.

Weird results. If you install it over an existing install of 2.0.7.1 beta, nearly all of the executables are missing afterwards. Duplicati.WindowsService.exe, Duplicati.CommandLine.exe, etc.

I have verified that none of the programs are in use or would have anything impeding them being appropriate dealt with. On a clean install this problem does not occur.

Before (2.0.7.1 beta):

After (2.0.8.105 debug):

Edit:
Aside from the above, most of the problems I encountered with 2.0.8.104 have been resolved. Duplicati now correctly installs to C:\Program Files instead of C:\Program Files (x86). VSS is working again. The problem with the Storj dll are no longer present.

It might be me imagining things, but these newer builds of Duplicati seem to be much faster than the older .NET4 builds, though I’m just going by seat-of-the-pants measurement. I’ll have to let my logs capture more data before I can say conclusively.

I still find the database decryption process to be somewhat finicky. It sometimes throws errors for no reason that I can discern, even when I have gone in and clicked the “Unblock” attribute.