Duplicati would not restore my data

Hello everyone,

I have backed up my data to the cloud (B2) but whenever I try to restore it says that my files were restored successfully but I also get the following message:

Error while running CloudBackup
Found 1 files that are missing from the remote storage, please run repair

Then when I go to the location where the restored files should be it’s empty, nothing was restored.

I have ran repair several times in different ways and it won’t work, I really need my files, any help would be greatly appreciated.
-Eli

First, if you need to restore files right now and the usual restore isn’t working, try using the “Direct restore from backup files” option in the Restore tab. This option will not read your local DB so you can restore files even though there may be an inconsistency in the local DB.

Next, once you’ve recovered the files you needed we can look into why the local DB appears to be inconsistent with the remote data. In the error log where it mentions the missing file it should mention the file name. Can you manually verify that this file exists in B2?

@Pectojin thanks for your help, I tried this, but sometimes I get the following error:

Failed to connect: 401 - bad_auth_token: Invalid authorization token

I went ahead and removed the “Two-Factor Athentication” from my B2 account just in case, and it starts “Listing the backup dates” but it finally shows this message:

Failed to connect: No filesets found on remote target

Still there’s 188.3 GB worth of data there.
Any ideas? Thanks God I had another back from January in a local drive, and I didn’t add a whole lot of files to the folders contained in the backup but if I can’t get this to work I will be loosing about 6 months worth of files :frowning:

Hmm, missing filesets on the remote target suggests that there are no .dlist files available.

Are you able to see any .dlist files when you browse the B2 storage?

Hello @RealAct, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear about your restore issues, even with @Pectojin’s suggestions.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but it sounds like you’ve been able to take care of your immediate restore issues with you local January backup. If that’s the case, then we can come back to address the “1 file missing” issue.

The fact that only 1 file is reported as missing tells me the JOB is hitting the correct folder (otherwise it would report NO files being found).

Assuming you have more than 1 backup version, it also tells me that that the idea that you have no .dlist files is likely not correct (sorry Pectojin) otherwise you’d be told there are a lot more than 1 file missing.

So I’d guess that:

1. Your “Direct restore from backup files” may have been pointing to the wrong folder. You might want to double check the destination folder for the job and confirm that’s what you were using during the restore

2. You should check your log details to get an idea of WHICH 1 file is missing. If it’s a dlist or dindex file then running a database Repair (not recreate) should rebuild it. HOWEVER - since you’ve changed your authentication settings I’d suggest you first try running a regular backup