Duplicati unable to access source data - FileAccessError

I am new to Duplicati. I’m trying to set it up to encrypt my Nextcloud data and copy to OneDrive.
I am using linuxserver.io docker image on a Nextcloudpi image (Raspbian). I have 2 drives and I am using rsync to mirror the data via a cron job.

I have pointed Duplicati at the backup volume. Every time I run the backup I get warnings about FileAccessError. These do appear to be actual errors and not just warnings as the data is being copied since Duplicati is unable access the folder with the data.

The strange thing is that it has actually worked at least once as the volume of data backed up is similar size to the source.

I have added the non-root user running Duplicati to the group that owns the folders, I have used chmod -R ugo+rwx on the data folder and chown -R

These are the messages:
2020-02-16 23:42:15 +00 - [Warning-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.FileEnumerationProcess-FileAccessError]: Error reported while accessing file: /source/ncdata/
2020-02-16 23:42:15 +00 - [Warning-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.FileEnumerationProcess-FileAccessError]: Error reported while accessing file: /source/ncdata/
2020-02-16 23:42:17 +00 - [Warning-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.FileEnumerationProcess-FileAccessError]: Error reported while accessing file: /source/ncdata/
2020-02-16 23:42:17 +00 - [Warning-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.FileEnumerationProcess-FileAccessError]: Error reported while accessing file: /source/ncdata/

Please help me figure it out.

What is the easiest way to confirm which files have been backed up and when they were last updated?

Thanks in advance
Andrew

Welcome to the forum @cydnax

I can’t help with any Docker specific issues, however can comment on a few things.

Start down Restoring files from a backup. The dropdown has dated “views”, and its tree has files which should be the current version as of that backup. I’m not sure if timestamps are readily available though.

For your FileAccessError, you can try Viewing the Duplicati Server Logs at About → Show log → Live → Warning to see whether it has more to say. The one line summaries often have the info chopped off.