Duplicati stuck on Compact when Getting/Putting from OneDrive and results in missing files

I don’t know exactly how that’s done. Given that rclone (like Duplicati) has a variety of storage types, there would seem to have to be some types whose protocols need different output, and maybe some (Duplicati certainly has these) where third-party code is used, so one is subject to what it’s able to do.

https://rclone.org/flags/

--dump-headers Dump HTTP headers - may contain sensitive info

would appear to be the warning label not to just post all the data into the forum. I do that as well, e.g.

which actually gives the pre-encryption view, but the format is pretty awful, and you don’t get all data.

I have to say I like the idea of better debug tools, because as Duplicati matures, the ratio of external interoperability issues to internal processing bugs will probably increase – without good tools to look. Migration off .NET Framework will also mean we lose its tracing, although not many people will do it.

Feel free to find other people seeing this. It also works for me. I don’t know why it’s not working for you. Would you be able to share any (non-private) Advanced options? Can you get this without any of them?

Because these contain a lot of changes, someone who can get the problem (that’s you) could test the Canary versions leading to Beta, possibly identifying at what time things went wrong, for further study.

If you can attach a debugger to Duplicati, that might reveal where it’s stuck. Short of that, problems unreproducible to devs are hard to study. I don’t think just staring at the code would be very helpful. Generally a reproducible test case (ideally filed as a GitHub Issue with exact minimal steps) is best.

It doesn’t always hang, correct? Your stopping the compact avoids the problem (but is not attractive).

You’re in the wrong log. I’m asking for information from a stored (assuming operation finishes) job log.

That’s why I’m asking you for the retry statistics from an operation that completed. It’s certainly not a guarantee that it’s network related of course, and the fact that rclone is OK doesn’t mean Duplicati is.

Rclone storage type might also serve as a live workaround, and let you turn your compacting back on. There shouldn’t be any need for workarounds, of course, so there’s still the question of what’s up here.

… for you. https://usage-reporter.duplicati.com/ shows lots of other backups to OneDrive without issue.
I’ve been running all the Canary versions to OneDrive in production for a long time without such hangs. Certainly my setup is different, which is why I’m asking you for the simplest possible reproducible steps.

My guess is otherwise, based on all the available evidence not just from me, but from all Duplicati users. Certainly I might have missed a complaint, and it’s certainly possible that a dev (there are few) can hit it. Generally non-reproducible issues are unworkable given all the other things that people want from devs.