Duplicati&rclone&windows

Hello.
I’m trying to create a test task for backup from the duplicati web interface.
I choose Storage Type - rclone.
Remote repository - [my rclone config] (rclone is configured, files in the cloud are visible).
Remote path - [Remote Folder on cloud]
Local repository - I read: “Local repository for Rclone. Make sure it is configured as a local drive, as it needs access to the files generated by Duplicati.” Where does duplicati generate files for rclone? It can be assumed in% Temp%. ok - u:\temp
I also add the path to rclone-executable.
I choose Source data.
I save the test task and run it.
Files are generated but not sent to the cloud.
If you look at what command duplicati generates for rclone:
“[local path to rclone]\rclone.exe” copyto U:\Temp:U:\Temp\dup-2af5ff33-8dd0-4273-a656-c914eb7b8a71 cloud-exbox-list-en:Tmp/duplicati-20191203T075028Z.dlist.zip.aes
If you run this command manually, an error appears: no files were found. Those. rclone cannot find files to upload to the cloud.
If you change the value of the [Local repository] to local for example, the command will look like this: “[local path to rclone]\rclone.exe” copyto local:U:\Temp\dup-2af5ff33-8dd0-4273-a656-c914eb7b8a71 cloud:Tmp/duplicati-20191203T075028Z.dlist.zip.aes

Those. duplicati adds the path from the [Local repository] variable to the command for rclone. But actually it is not necessary. If you omit these values, the command does not cause errors: “[local path to rclone]\rclone.exe” copyto U:\Temp\dup-2af5ff33-8dd0-4273-a656-c914eb7b8a71 cloud:Tmp/duplicati-20191203T075028Z.dlist.zip.aes

Yes, in windows you can mount disks via rclone, but this is not very convenient when there are several cloud storages.

My currently running Duplicati - 2.0.4.23_beta_2019-07-14, rclone v1.50.2

Please help configure duplicati with the rclone bundle in windows.

1 Like

could you please export the backup config and post it here? Or at least the url of the destination.

Thanks for the answer, Wim_Jansen
The backup config attached.

Destination Storage Type: rclone
Destination Local repository: u:\temp
Destination Remote repository: cloud
Remote path: tmp
Source: d:\11
For reference: %Temp%: u:\Temp
One of the generated duplicati lines for rclone:
“d:\Util\BackUp\rclone\rclone.exe” copyto u:\temp:U:\Temp\dup-3c91cbfe-db9d-48dc-bd42-c66e7d924b54 cloud:tmp/duplicati-babe4d705919748da8e7b08a40ff1c02d.dblock.zip

As you can see, the “extra” path to the files from the Local repository variable is:
… u:\temp:U:\Temp\dup-3c91cbfe-db9d-48dc-bd42-c66e7d924b54 …

test-duplicati-config.zip (813 Bytes)

The local repository should be rclone repository. Set up a new rclone repository as “local” and refer to that one in “Local repository”.

The implementation probably could have been done without the local repository, but at time of coding, I did not know this.

You do not need to specify the tmp location; only the local repository needs to be set-up.

url should be something like: rclone://cloud/tmp?rclone-local-repository=local

The error will appear in any case, no matter what value I assign to rclone-local-repository.
To fix the error, do not need to set rclone-local-repository, but this variable is required.

I already tried to work around this problem by setting an empty value for rclone-local-repository, then the command for rclone looked like this: rclone.exe copyto **:**u:\temp\dup-6780acb3-ed59-4e1d-bde9-3aa219cd30bc
which also caused an error.

did you configure a local repository?

C:\Users\xxx>rclone config
Current remotes:

Name                 Type
====                 ====
local                local
remote               onedrive
1 Like

Yes. After that it turned out to create a backup.
Thank you so much.

1 Like