Duplicati lost its configuration

My backup emailed me a report today.

Failed: Unexpected number of remote volumes detected: 0!
Details: System.Exception: Unexpected number of remote volumes detected: 0!
   at Duplicati.Library.Main.Database.LocalDatabase.UpdateRemoteVolume(String name, RemoteVolumeState state, Int64 size, String hash, Boolean suppressCleanup, TimeSpan deleteGraceTime, IDbTransaction transaction)
   at Duplicati.Library.Main.Database.LocalDatabase.UpdateRemoteVolume(String name, RemoteVolumeState state, Int64 size, String hash, Boolean suppressCleanup, IDbTransaction transaction)
   at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.FinalizeRemoteVolumes(BackendManager backend)
   at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.Run(String[] sources, IFilter filter)
   at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.<>c__DisplayClass16_0.<Backup>b__0(BackupResults result)
   at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.RunAction[T](T result, String[]& paths, IFilter& filter, Action`1 method)  Remote server url C:\Users\David\Desktop;C:\Users\David

When I went to look at the configuration and go to Destination it is empty. There is only an option to import URL. It was set to local disk with a UNC path to my fileserver. this has worked for three days, but today it lost its mind.

Because the destination is empty, I can’t even fix it as there are no choices, just import URL.

I exported the config so I do have it, can I just reload the config and have Duplicati adopt the existing backup?

thanks
david

A bit more debug.

I uninstalled Duplicati, rebooted, re-installed. Now when I try to run I get:

Missing XSRF Token

After hitting OK on the popup I then look at the log and see:

System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException (0x80004005): database is locked
database is locked
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Prepare(SQLiteConnection cnn, String strSql, SQLiteStatement previous, UInt32 timeoutMS, String& strRemain)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.BuildNextCommand()
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader..ctor(SQLiteCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behave)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
   at Duplicati.Server.WebServer.RESTMethods.LogData.DumpTable(IDbCommand cmd, String tablename, String pagingfield, String offset_str, String pagesize_str)
   at Duplicati.Server.WebServer.RESTMethods.Backup.FetchLogData(IBackup backup, RequestInfo info)
   at Duplicati.Server.WebServer.RESTHandler.DoProcess(RequestInfo info, String method, String module, String key)

Do I have to manually delete the database? It seems that whatever went wrong is persistent through the re-install process. At this time I can’t get anything to run.

I suspect that Duplicati is trying to be smart and keeping old stuff around and that is keeping me from re-installing.

Ideas?

thanks
david

Most likely more than one instance of Duplicati is running, which explains why it cannot lock the database. Try in process explorer to see if you can find more than one instance.

The storage setup is stored in %APPDATA%Duplicati\Duplicati-server.sqlite`, but I suspect that you somehow have two instances running that haggle over who gets to the database.