Duplicati.Library.Interface.UserInformationException: Found remote files reported as duplicates, either the backend module is broken or you need to manually remove the extra copies

Getting the following error with one of my backups to Google Drive. Should I just find the file in the Google Drive store and simply delete it?

Fatal error
Duplicati.Library.Interface.UserInformationException: Found remote files reported as duplicates, either the backend module is broken or you need to manually remove the extra copies.
The following files were found multiple times: duplicati-i0d8fe5d412d4436d85d3c9a136445a1e.dindex.7z.aes
   at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.FilelistProcessor.VerifyRemoteList(BackendManager backend, Options options, LocalDatabase database, IBackendWriter log, String protectedfile)
   at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.PreBackupVerify(BackendManager backend, String protectedfile)
   at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.Run(String[] sources, IFilter filter)

If you look at the Google Drive folder do you see multiple copies of duplicati-i0d8fe5d412d4436d85d3c9a136445a1e.dindex.7z.aes? If so, do they have the same dates, sizes, permissions, etc?

I’m not really sure how the duplicate would have been made as Duplicati doesn’t re-upload existing files - as far as I know if it needs to send data back up that was already at the destination it sends it with a new file name, verifies it arrived, then deletes the old named file.

Note I’ve only heard of this issue once or twice before - and one time was due to an rsync from one destination to another causing the duplicates. I don’t think either of those cases involved Google Drive but just to be sure, you weren’t doing anything like that were you?

(By the way, I edited your post by adding “~~~” before and after the error to help it stand out more.)