Duplicati and Google Drive paths

I’ve not used rclone before but to make sure I’m following you, are you suggesting we can use the Rclone Destination type in Duplicati but point it to a Google Tream Drive URL (Rclone with Google Team Drives)?

That’s the suggestion. I’m not sure what the performance will be, but it does give us some additional options. Features that I think may get lost with Rclone include IStreamingBackend throttling and progress information. Basically, a choice between not getting there at all (unless somebody has a way) versus mostly getting there.

This is the URL we need to use to authorise Duplicati full access.

https://duplicati-oauth-handler.appspot.com/?

@kenkendk
Because i am transferring my backup from another cloud to google drive, i need this because manual copying is not working for duplicati to backup and restore. I have a question that giving access to duplicati is that we are giving access to any third party application or storage or it will remain to my duplicati login only. How safe is this?

@mmsaaa Using the “full access” option will allow Duplicati (and anyone with the token) to access and modify all files on your Google Drive.

In itself, it is not unsafe, but it grants way more access than what is required. Google has announced that they will remove this option, except for applications with a security review. So far they do not appear to have started enforcing this.

I have not yet seen a way that you can mark files as belonging to Duplicati, which would be really nice when you upload through some other means.

The only way I have found that you can make files that Duplicati owns, and thus using the limited access, is to upload with Duplicati. There is a Duplicati.CommandLine.BackendTool.exe distributed with the main application that you can use to make commandline transfers. Files transfered this way, using the auth-token from the link you posted, will be “owned” by Duplicati.

You can use this tool to upload files, but it is not as easy as dropping files via the Drive website.

Thank you so much for your guidance.
I earlier thought to transfer from another cloud to Google drive through flexify.io which is very fast. But as
you said that Google might change its policy so Instead of loosing I will backup directly from my local drive again, it will take time but it is safer option.

Hello. How can I see this menu? I only have google drive limited login. I need to backup to a shared drive. How can I set the path?

What I would do is create a folder in your personal drive, and then put it into a shared folder (if you know what I mean)

see my post here for solution , the manual is wrong on path :