Duplicati 2 vs. Duplicacy 2

Apologies for the delay with testing, but I wanted to make sure that I provide useful data here.

Since we all agree that there is a bottleneck of some sorts, I decided that current data set should be quite fine to help identify it. So, I automated the test a bit more (after all, it takes a lot of time!).
Initially, I thought to use Perfmon, but this would take more time (although with nicer charts), but I quickly realized that just screenshots from Sysinternals Process Explorer should be enough here to pinpoint an area needing improvement.

Writing entire report in the forum post is also not very feasible, so I used Google Presentation this time.
But to allow better searching and forum experience, I’ll add some info here as well.

I run each test at least 3 times (actually more than that) and captured timing and parameters (to be sure) every time.
Yes, using --synchronous-upload="true" does indeed pause execution and takes more time - I believe I swapped false/true value in my previous testing.
I also checked what would happen if I locate temp folder on another drive (BTW, Windows version uses TMP environment variable and ignores TEMP/TMPDIR). And, obviously, I tested lowest compression, no compression at all and no encryption in addition to no compression.
The picture from the table below is relatively clear - yes, TI can reach CY performance… if you disable compression… and possibly encryption - all probably depend on your CPU.
But if you browse through performance graphs I include in the linked document, you will realize that actual bottleneck is in the less efficient use of CPU, including calculating hash…
I briefly looked at the results of google:".net sha256 efficiency" search and found some interesting read there.

Anyway, I still want to see how large files behave, but this preliminary result here would help me to restrict and better manage larger data set testing…

Time Parameters
Run 1 Run 2 Run 3 Duplicati
0:09:07 0:08:48 0:08:51 --synchronous-upload="true"
0:07:11 0:07:47 0:07:22 --synchronous-upload="false"
0:06:20 0:06:36 0:06:21 --synchronous-upload="false"
Set TMP=D:\Temp (separate drive)
0:04:27 0:04:13 0:04:12 --synchronous-upload="false"--zip-compression-level=1
Set TMP=D:\Temp
0:03:31 0:03:35 0:03:37 --synchronous-upload="false"--zip-compression-level=0
0:03:01 0:03:09 0:03:10 --synchronous-upload="false"--zip-compression-level=0 --no-encryption="true"
Duplicacy
0:03:09 0:03:09 0:03:10 -threads 1
3 Likes