Duplicati - 2.0.4.8_canary_2018-12-13 - error log

Update to Duplicati - 2.0.4.8_canary_2018-12-13 seemed to go ok and subsequent backups completed successfully, but looking in the Server stored log I see

24 Dec 2018 12:47: Error in updater
System.IO.InvalidDataException: Unable to verify signature

at Duplicati.Library.AutoUpdater.SignatureReadingStream…ctor(Stream stream, RSACryptoServiceProvider key)

at Duplicati.Library.AutoUpdater.UpdaterManager.CheckForUpdate(ReleaseType channel)
24 Dec 2018 12:47: Error in updater
System.Net.WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: ‘alt.updates.duplicati.com

at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(Uri address, String fileName)

at Duplicati.Library.AutoUpdater.UpdaterManager.CheckForUpdate(ReleaseType channel)

while all the live log levels rather than “disabled” have disappeared.

There’s a pending fix for the live logs being missing: added back watchers for live logs by Pectojin · Pull Request #3555 · duplicati/duplicati · GitHub
It’s only affecting the last canary releases, but I expect next release will include it.

The update issue is talked about here but there doesn’t appear to be a solution yet: Updating to 2.0.4.5_beta_2018-11-28 - Error: Can't resolve alt.updates.duplicati.com

Thanks. Not sure if I should roll-back to 2.0.4.5. Backups seem ok so I’ll probably wait for the next release.

2.0.4.8 has an issue on MacOS that starts a runaway python process. The canary works fine otherwise, though, and it’s fixed in 2.0.4.9.

I’m running 2.0.4.9 on both of my systems currently :slight_smile:

The alt.updates issue may have been resolved - can you try again?

Latest version seems ok👌

And can I say how much I like the new job logs page :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Glad it’s working for you! And I believe you can thank @mikaelmello for the log update!

1 Like