Dry-run Flag Not Documented Correctly

Hi, I noticed that the --dry-run flag is not documented correctly in Using Duplicati from the Command Line - Duplicati 2 User's Manual

That page does not specify that it is a Boolean flag. Advanced Options - Duplicati 2 User's Manual shows correctly that this flag is a Boolean flag though

Is there a way to edit the page(s) to reflect this correctly?

All options that are Boolean are set to FALSE by default. Supplying an advanced option without a value will set it to TRUE. So --dry-run and --dry-run=true are basically the same and have the same effect.

If you want to submit corrections do the documentation, you can do a pull request at https://github.com/kees-z/duplicatidocs.

That was what I thought too but apparently when I set it like that for a Purge command it actually purged the file. Thankfully said file is still in my computer so I can just reupload it as I see fit but that still caught me by surprise

Database recreate doesn’t play well with –dry-run was my addition that purge-broken-files also ignored it. Neither of those issues seemed very noteworthy to me, but purge seems more likely to cause problems.
Issues doesn’t have any obvious –dry-run bug reports, but feel free to make one with steps to reproduce.

Studying every available command might turn up some other holes, but those are some I know of now…
Documentation is typically the limited help text from the code, but you can try a PR if you want to extend.

I see, I will have to test the Purge command again with the flag being set explicitly before seeing where the problem is. It may be a bug instead of documentation issue for all we know

This is getting stranger; apparently now I cannot get Purge to remove any file no matter what I do in the GUI. I read Cannot get purge to work but it didn’t help

Strangely, it is ok in the commandline; I am able to Purge files from there

If it helps, both --dry-run and --dry-run=true gave no output but also did not Purge the files at all in both Commandline and GUI

Sometimes it helps to remove all redundant advanced options. Some of them might conflict with the purge command. Try to remove everything that is not needed to perform the purge command (include, exclude, send-mail options etc.).

I am using this command, which is effectively the same whether in GUI or CommandLine

mono /usr/lib/duplicati/Duplicati.CommandLine.exe purge "googledrive://[OMITTED]" "[OMITTED]/*" --backup-name=[OMITTED] --dbpath=/root/.config/Duplicati/[OMITTED].sqlite --encryption-module=aes --compression-module=zip --dblock-size=1GB --passphrase="'[OMITTED]" --blocksize=50MB --tempdir=/duptmp/ --disable-module=console-password-input