Download for qnap from duplicati.com

I see there is an option to download a package for synology, how about adding one for qnap nas users (such as my self :smile:)?

Thanks!

I don’t have a QNap (qNap? Qnap?) device myself so don’t know what’s involved with making packages for them.

How did you do your current install? Was it from qnapclub as described here?

Yes, it was from qnapclub.

they are fast, they released the .12 21 hours ago

1 Like

Well, if it can be scripted we could probably add it to the release process - but if qnapclub does their thing that fast for every release, it may be a hard sell to get a high priority on us also doing it. :slight_smile:

Coming back to this old topic, as it seems that Qnapclub is not updating Duplicati anymore actively. Would it be possible to get .qpkg packages for Qnap NAS like it is done for Synology NAS?

If you mean their .spk, I think Synology DSM 7 made a lot of incompatible changes and requirements. Some new volunteer having the right skills and equipment is needed, and same applies to QNAP work.
Synology users on DSM 7 can run Duplicati Docker, I think. Maybe QNAP can run the Docker as well?

I see your point. QNAP can run docker so I guess going that way would be the easiest and safest way to go.

Only issue I see with using Docker on QNAP is that when the container service is installed on QNAP it says that the recommended memory should be 4GB or above. Home devices (low end) have mostly one or two GB installed (and cannot be upgraded) so not sure if that causes any issues in real life. I need to test and see…