Docker container sqlite location

Is it just me or or does the offical Docker container seem to be ignoring my container settings folder (/mnt/user/appdata/duplicati/) and instead using a goofy folder like "/var/lib/docker/volumes/xxxxxxx/_data/Duplicati/"?

I found a few different versions (container updates?) using find /var/lib/docker/volumes -name "Duplicati-server.sqlite".

For those that might stumble on this, I’ve found that when my official Docker container changes the appdata folder (even if just updating a Docker setting) it loses all my settings (jobs, global settings, etc.)

I recover from this by:

• making sure the “empty” Duplicati is updated to the same version as the “lost” one (else I risk database version errors)
  • searching /var/lib/docker/volumes for Duplicati-server.*
  • stopping the Duplicati Docker
  • copying the contents of the folder with the SECOND newest Duplicat-server.sqlite file into the NEWEST folder (overwriting an contents)
  • starting the Duplicati Docker
  • confirming my jobs and settings are back

Again, I don’t know if it’s just me having this issue or not, and I assume there’s a better way to recover - but for now this is working. :slight_smile:

How did I miss this? :crazy_face:

Volumes can be a bit tricky to work with. I generally recommend just using host storage directly unless you’re experienced with volumes :slight_smile:

Heck, I use host storage directly for most my containers at home because it’s easy :

That’s the problem - I’m not trying to use volumes - in fact, I thought I had the container set up to use the host storage!

I even have “Appdata config path” (container path “/config”) set to “/mnt/user/appdata/duplicati” but it still seems to be use /var/lib/docker/volumes/ for some reason.

I guess my unRAID box is so stable I hardly ever need to restart the container so I don’t have to deal with the side effects of this often enough to put the effort in to figuring out what I did wrong. :slight_smile:

Figured it out!

The linxuserver/duplicati Docker container stores config at a /config mapping while the duplicati/duplicati Docker container uses /data (and automatically adds Duplicati - or perhaps container name to that).

References:

Unsolved because I just updated to 2.0.4.1 experimental and wanted to test downgrading back to 2.0.3.14 and realized the updates folder specified by my /data container mount point does NOT contain the update folder!

In fact, the only place I’m finding it is INSIDE the Docker in /usr/share/Duplicati/updates so obviously I’ve still got something configured wrongly. :slight_smile: