Crashes in Windows 10 from GUI with Missing database

I start the application and here is what I get. I do it again and I click on “run now” and it says “starting …” and then goes back to “idle”. It has been working flawlessly for a couple of years and I haven’t upgraded anything recently. I am using a USB drive for local BU - no cloud or remote BU.

PS C:\Users\richd\Duplicati> .\Duplicati.GUI.TrayIcon.exe
PS C:\Users\richd\Duplicati>
PS C:\Users\richd\Duplicati> ata.SQLite.SQLiteException: SQL logic error or missing database
PS C:\Users\richd\Duplicati> umn named LogEntryID
PS C:\Users\richd\Duplicati> te3.Prepare(SQLiteConnection cnn, String strSql, SQLiteStatement previous, UInt32 timeoutMS
PS C:\Users\richd\Duplicati> teCommand.BuildNextCommand()
PS C:\Users\richd\Duplicati> teDataReader.NextResult()
PS C:\Users\richd\Duplicati> teDataReader…ctor(SQLiteCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behave)
PS C:\Users\richd\Duplicati> teCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
PS C:\Users\richd\Duplicati> teCommand.ExecuteNonQuery(CommandBehavior behavior)
PS C:\Users\richd\Duplicati> se.Connection.OverwriteAndUpdateDb[T](IDbTransaction transaction, String deleteSql, Object[
PS C:\Users\richd\Duplicati> alues, String insertSql, Func2 f) PS C:\Users\richd\Duplicati> se.Connection.OverwriteAndUpdateDb[T](IDbTransaction transaction, String deleteSql, Object[ PS C:\Users\richd\Duplicati> alues, Boolean updateExisting) PS C:\Users\richd\Duplicati> se.Connection.RegisterNotification(NotificationType type, String title, String message, Exc PS C:\Users\richd\Duplicati> tring action, String logid, String messageid, String logtag, Func3 conflicthandler)
PS C:\Users\richd\Duplicati> PollThread.Run()
PS C:\Users\richd\Duplicati> ionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object
PS C:\Users\richd\Duplicati> x)
PS C:\Users\richd\Duplicati> ionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, B
PS C:\Users\richd\Duplicati> ionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
PS C:\Users\richd\Duplicati> Helper.ThreadStart()

I am currently Duplicati - 2.0.4.1_experimental_2018-11-08. Should I upgrade?

Here is some more information:

• Jan 26, 2019 12:01 PM: The operation Backup has failed with error: The source folder C:\PFS9.9PE_TMP\ does not exist, aborting backup

• Jan 26, 2019 12:01 PM: The operation Backup has started

• Jan 26, 2019 12:01 PM: Server has started and is listening on 127.0.0.1, port 8300

Probably nothing fixed in this area in any experimental or beta. If you’re daring enough to run canary, there are sometimes fixes not specifically itemized (and I don’t see one for this) but also unknown breakages…

I just stumbled upon a similar missing database problem, went searching for similar issues, didn’t find any that clearly matched, per discussion, but did find this. I’m debating whether to open an issue or add to this.

Mine involves a zero-length per-backup database (random-digits.sqlite) which materialized somehow, and obviously isn’t valid. The job Database tab has the new broken-database name, but Duplicati-server.sqlite has the old and correct one, and the old database is dated as expected, with the time of the last backup…

Quite possibly if I just restart Duplicati.TrayIcon.exe, the old database will just get used, and all will be well. Mine got discovered on an attempt to view job logs, and I haven’t actually tried backup, while investigating.

You could see if you have a similar empty new database in your databases area, and if you want to look at your server database you can use --unencrypted-database on tray icon start, then use an SQLite browser. Please feel free to look yours over for similarity to mine, and add progress updates if you tried other things.