Cost optimisation on wasabi

Welcome to the forum @s4zando

Let’s get some specifics about your backup size and rate of change from your backup log files in the Complete log version. What are usual values for “BytesUploaded” and “KnownFileSize” (can vary)?
What Backup retention are you using, and how often are backups run?

This would say whether you’re in the “doesn’t matter” range that I’m theorizing exists when past 1 TB. There’s also a low-use range where the Wasabi 1 TB minimum timed active storage charge will hurt.
There are other storage vendors without a minimum. Backblaze has none, but charges for download.

How does Wasabi’s monthly minimum storage charge work? shows why I think 1 TB is a special size.
How does Wasabi’s minimum storage duration policy work? shows why past 1 TB you pay either way.
Anybody who actually uses Wasabi (or is willing to ask them), feel free to correct, if I misunderstand…

Smart backup retention is identical to Custom backup retention of 1W:1D,4W:1W,12M:1M which progressively thins out backups as versions age, by deleting versions that are too close to each other, however earlier deletions, e.g. down to one per 7 days between the end of first week and end of fourth, probably don’t benefit you because you are stuck with a 90 day minimum retention. You could try using
90D:U,12M:1M to say unlimited versions for 90 days, but lots of versions can also slow down Duplicati.