Connection to server lost on sending emails

Hi there,
I am using duplicati as OMV plugin and trying to send email at the end of the backup jobs. However I have noticed that I always get an error “Connection to server is lost” at the end of the backup.

I am using following settings

–send-mail-url=smtp://smtp.gmail.com:587/?starttls=when-available
–send-mail-any-operation=true
–send-mail-subject=Duplicati %PARSEDRESULT%, %OPERATIONNAME% report for %backup-name%
–send-mail-to=*@creations.com.au
–send-mail-username=
@gmail.com
–send-mail-password=***********
–send-mail-from=Server Backup *********@gmail.com

when I remove them, the backup job finishes successfully.

Am I missing something or is this a bug?

Thanks
Thomas

We had others report Duplicati crashing while sending email reports, and it turned out to be an outdated Mono version. I am not familiar with how the OMV plugins work, but can you check your Duplicati Web UI? Go to About -> System info and report what the “MonoVersion” line says.

I am using MonoVersion : 4.6.2

Yeah, that version is too old and is unsupported with Duplicati 2.0.5.x and newer.

I am not familiar with OMV so am not sure how Mono works on that platform. Is it a separate “plugin” you installed? If it is embedded in the OMV Duplicati plugin, the author of that plugin needs to update it.

Thanks again for the response. Will see if I can update mono with my current version of OMV. It is actually running on debian 9. The newest version runs on a newer debian version. It might be time for an upgrade.

Oh ok, if it’s just Debian you can install a newer version on Debian 9 by pointing to the official mono repository (instead of using the Debian repository for mono):

https://www.mono-project.com/download/stable/#download-lin-debian