Thanks so much for the program, it seems like exactly what I need to do my backups.
I’m looking for confirmation that I’ve set Duplicati up correctly for my needs.
My usage is this:
• Store all my photography RAW files on the B2 cloud, automatically as I transfer them from cards onto my computer HDD. I don’t want these ever deleted from B2.
• Store edits of files made within these folders and additional files created automatically. Ie. I ed it a photo and save the .PSD file into the folder with the RAW’s so I know where to find it, I want that file backed up. (I only want one copy of it though, the most recent edit) I always want a copy of these files to exist on B2 no matter what happens to my PC, but I don’t want 10 versions of this file stored in the cloud.
I have setup my backup to run nightly through Duplicati, with the following settings:
• AES 256 encryption
• B2 cloud storage setup correctly
• Source Data identified correctly
• Automatically run backup daily once a day.
• Keep all Backups
It’s the last one that I’m not sure about. If I don’t make changes to the files will it keep uploading them over and over again?
Can someone confirm to me that I’ve got the settings right for my usage case?