Config Remote Access From Windows Command Line

Hi Folks !!!

I need configure Duplicati from command line to responde a web GUI request from remote computer. Somebody help me !?

1 Like

Can you help me with some example for do that !?

I misunderstood your post so my advise isn’t relevant

Don’t Worry… Thx for your help !!!

Okay, I’ll give it an other shot at responding :slight_smile:

To allow a computers access to a remote Web GUI you can start the duplicati-server with --webservice-interface=any on the remote system.

For example on Linux you can ssh in and modify the systemd service file to include that startup parameter. I wrote some more detailed info on that in this post First time install, can't start

What system are you looking to configure it on?

I’m trying with Windows Client (Windows 7 x64)

Hmm, I’m not sure about the best way to do it from command on windows. Is RDP not an option?

Yes, could be… But I’m trying with PowerShell, basically I open connection (WinRM) run MSI install (from UNC Path) and finally I need access from GUI for setup a backup set.

I try some tricks more, and go back for write comments.

Ah, cool :slight_smile:

I’m very inexperienced with PowerShell, so can’t help much there. However, you’ll be able to alter the startup arguments the same way with --webservice-interface=any and then it will work next time you start it :slight_smile:

I got it !!! I runed the following command:

Duplicati.WindowsService.exe install --webservice-port=8200 --webservice-interface=any --webservice-password=secret_password

And work for me. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cool!

Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing how you got it working! :smiley:

I flagged your post as the solution and added a reference to “Windows” in the topic title to help people distinguish it from potential MacOS or Linux command line topics.