Completely removing Duplicati for re-install

Hi there,

I’ve been having some problems with the duplicati Canary build 2.0.3.6 on an Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS system and I want to go back to 2.0.3.3.

I have stopped the service:

systemctl stop dupliati

Then removed the package:

dpkg -r duplicati

I then install the “older” package:

dpkg -i duplicati_2.0.3.3-1_all.deb

All seems well, however when I log into the Web UI, and go to the About page, I see that I am still on version 2.0.3.6. This version was installed through an automatic update, and not using dpkg. How do I go about removing it so that I can be running only on 2.0.3.3?

Thanks in advance for your help!

James

Check the ~/.config/Duplicati folder for updates of duplicati. Those should be removed as well.

Thank you - on Ubuntu the updates turned out to be in:

/usr/share/Duplicati

I wiped that Directory and re-installed as I had done previously, and now the About screen confirms version 2.0.3.3. Thanks for your help!

Glad you got it resolved!

I’ve flagged @Wim_Jansen’s post as the solution, but am curious if you’re running Duplicati as a service / daemon or just the tray-icon?

I’d like to update the Downgrading / reverting to a lower version post to reflect where you found the updates.

Thanks @JonMikelV - yep @Wim_Jansen gave me the pointer I needed to resolve this issue.

I’m running Duplicati as a service. Sometimes if I have a desktop session open I run the tray icon, but I manually created a separate Xfce menu entry for this as I found that the default menu entry on Ubuntu 16.04 causes Duplicati to start running as a backup server, but under and unprivileged user. This would be fine under certain circumstances, but I want to back up /etc and other key system paths. All depends on your use case I guess.

Yes, the standard menu entry is meant for single-user systems, where the user always has a desktop active.