Clearing out remnants of a partially-uploaded, extremely large file?

I see in your post in Is there any way to fix an “unexpected difference in fileset” error other than deleting? that the error was on version 10 from 2018-11-28. I was sort of hoping that the error would have been in version 0 because in that other topic I was speculating that maybe compact can cause this sort of multi-version mess. Until somebody can look over their logs or supply a database bug report, I still don’t know. Do you have either? If you saved your database before that recreate, it has your old logs for that backup, and possibly might even be coaxable into doing a database bug report, if reinstalled just for that purpose.

If on the other hand you have logs from your post-recreate effort, they might give some clues about what happened. One possibility is that broken filesets can be built directly from recreate (given issues in files). That theory could be tested by doing a limited recreate such as direct restore would do, but let’s hold off while strategizing. What would you like to get back of your old backup, and how fast do you want a new?

1 Like