Changing source OS

Getting slightly closer. Before continuing though, what is the current situation? Still trying to migrate?

I’m not sure how well that works. I couldn’t work out in website what their Duplicati success has been.

Finding out how well or how badly the current support (or workarounds for lack of support) could help.
I just copied a Windows database to Linux and asked for a Restore. As expected, it asked for a folder:

I took its advice, gave it a path, and my Windows file appeared on Linux. If I had asked for a folder, it would have put the entire restored tree there. This might be your “change the shortest path” of case:

If so, I would call “shortest path” the “start of the path” or “path prefix”. It changes for whole folder tree.
Assuming this actually works as well as it seems to (you can try), you might be all set for Restore side.
Backup side, though, says:

It neglected to tell me to also turn on the allow-full-removal option, but I did that too, used Commandline delete command with excessive versions of 0-999, verified Restore screen had no versions, removed the two options I added, then ran backup. I now have a Linux-path backup of the Linux path I configured manually. I will take the message at its word that the existing data blocks were used, but I didn’t test that.

What I do not have any more is the old backup versions from Windows. If this is needed, it gets harder.

You can see that you already have cross-platform restore and a way to avoid upload of all the data again. There was no editing of dlist files or database, and no database recreate was needed. Is this sufficient?

If you still need old versions migrated, please say how many backups and how many versions you have. There’s a new method I devised which can do lots of versions, but it needs a lot of testing. Any interest?