Changing backup destination doesn't work for me

Hi,

I use Duplicati - 2.0.3.3_beta_2018-04-02 for several backup jobs to cloud destinations. I wanted to change the destination for one of the jobs from Mega to Google Drive keeping the backups aready made.

I synced the files from Mega to Google Drive using rclone.
I changed the job’s destination to Google Drive.
Connection test worked.
The first run gave the error message: Found 82 remote files that are not recorded in local storage, please run repair
In the log:

Fatal error
Duplicati.Library.Interface.UserInformationException: Found 82 remote files that are not recorded in local storage, please run repair
 a következő helyen: Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.FilelistProcessor.VerifyRemoteList(BackendManager backend, Options options, LocalDatabase database, IBackendWriter log, String protectedfile)
 a következő helyen: Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.PreBackupVerify(BackendManager backend, String protectedfile)
 a következő helyen: Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.Run(String[] sources, IFilter filter)

A database Repair resulted in the error message: Got 34 error(s) with no new entries in the log.

Then I tried database Recreate. Result: The requested file does not exist

Log:
    Apr 30, 2018 4:17 PM: Message
    Processing required 1 blocklist volumes
    Remote file referenced as duplicati-b8b055dfa998a4f0dafe5922546d6f447.dblock.zip.aes, but not found in list, registering a missing remote file
    Remote file referenced as duplicati-be5ab965c9e8d4b61ad7da6e4eb195ff2.dblock.zip.aes, but not found in list, registering a missing remote file
    Remote file referenced as duplicati-beeb2e5f144d94bbfa7e05452355bb3fb.dblock.zip.aes, but not found in list, registering a missing remote file

Finally I reverted the destination to Mega. A database Repair was needed and backups can be run again.

Did I miss a step in the process or what can be the cause of the errors?

Hi @edk, welcome to the forum!

Most likely the folder your rclone synced to was not the same one that Duplicati was trying to use. If you still have the “Found 82 remote files…” error in your logs can you try open it (or a few errors before) and see what the specific file names were that Duplicati was complaining about?

Oh - and the process you described SHOULD have worked, it’s what I’ve done before (though not between Mega & Google) without any problems.

(By the way, I edited your post by putting “~~~” before and after the error and log entries to make them a bit easier to read.)