Cannot stop backup in current Beta

Hi,

Since using the latest Beta, I’m finding that the ‘Stop after upload’ never seems to interrupt the running backup. This has worked on various versions I’ve run before (Canary…) but since switching to the Beta I can’t seem to interrupt a backup.

Currently running Duplicati - 2.0.4.5_beta_2018-11-28

Is this a known issue?

Thanks

Andy

Yes, this is a known issue. A lot of work is being done here, but there are some details to work out to prevent database corruption when the backup is interrupted:

Ok thanks.

Any idea when we can expect a new beta with this fixed?

Thanks

Andy

Unfortunately, no. There are still some details to work out to get stopping to work safely, and there are many other changes since the last Beta that may benefit from some more testing.

Understood, will keep an eye out then.

Thanks for the response

Andy

I see a couple of new releases have been made recently. Is there a fix for this issue in any of them?

Thanks

Andy

Unfortunately, not yet. :cry:

Ok.

I’ll keep an eye out for more progress then.

Andy

Any update on this? About to start a fresh seed of two very large backups, so would like to be able to interrupt that occasionally to allow the scheduled smaller backups to run occasionally.

Currently running Beta, but could switch to Canary if this is fixed in a recent Canary (and it’s stable enough).

Thanks

Andy

The previously mentioned PR is still being worked to address pausing and stop-now. There is a new PR to fix stopping after the next file and it is close to wrapping up. Still no ETA.

Thanks for the update @BlueBlock. Appreciate the info.

Will keep an eye on it.

Andy

Hi,

I see there was a Beta release relatively recently. Is this addressed in that?

Thanks

Andy

Yes, “Stop after current file” has been fixed in the new beta. You can see a bigger list of what’s new in the announcement post.

Excellent, thanks @drwtsn32. I did read the announcement but missed the line about stop being fixed.

Andy

1 Like

Specifically “Stop after current file”. “Stop now” is still there, and still kind of a hard stop, so avoid that.

2.0.5.100 Canary (which was broken and replaced with 2.0.5.101 Canary) improves “Stop now” code:

• Fixed an issue that could be triggered by force stopping a backup, thanks @seantempleton

Yeah sorry, I should have been clearer. I always try to do a ‘stop after current file’ rather than ‘stop now’.

Thanks

Andy