Can not longer use Duplicati

Need help launching duplicati. Keep getting the following :

getting Duplicati.GUI.TrayIcon has stopped working.   A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. 
                Close the program 

Was reading around and runned the following so you can see the error

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Program Files\Duplicati 2> Duplicati.Server.exe

Unhandled Exception: System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer fo
r 'Duplicati.Library.AutoUpdater.UpdaterManager' threw an exception. ---> System
.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Duplicati.Library.Utilit
y, Version=2.0.1.61, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8bfe994a39631a7b' or one of
 its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the
 assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) ---> System.IO.FileLoa
dException: Could not load file or assembly 'Duplicati.Library.Utility, Version=
2.0.1.73, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8bfe994a39631a7b' or one of its depend
encies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly r
eference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Duplicati.Library.AutoUpdater.UpdaterManager..cctor()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Duplicati.Library.AutoUpdater.UpdaterManager.RunFromMostRecent(MethodInfo
method, String[] cmdargs, AutoUpdateStrategy defaultstrategy)
   at Duplicati.Server.Program.Main(String[] args)
   at System.AppDomain._nExecuteAssembly(RuntimeAssembly assembly, String[] args
)
   at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssemblyByName(String assemblyName, String[] args)

at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssemblyByName(String assemblyName, String[] args)

at Duplicati.Library.AutoUpdater.UpdaterManager.RunFromMostRecent(MethodInfo
method, String[] cmdargs, AutoUpdateStrategy defaultstrategy)
   at Duplicati.Server.Program.Main(String[] args)

C:\Program Files\Duplicati 2>

Welcome to the forum! I edited your post to improve the formating. (Just added ~~~ before and after the output you pasted, please see here for details).

It looks like the error you posted is related to the internal updater - did you recently try updating Duplicati?

I had the same problem. I solved it this way:

• searched for all duplicati-folders (c:\ dir duplicati /S /B) and deleted
  • installed new
  • reimported all jobs and recreated the databases

=> worked for me but is only practical if you have exported job configurations

It should also work if you use the latest canary/experimental as the installed version, as it no longer relies on the AppDomain feature that causes the problem.

1 Like