[bug] Download -> Activate -> crash

FYI (@kenkendk), the current canaries behave similar to how I described in my last reply when doing an update - the install seems to happen correctly, but the application never re-launches at the end (it works fine after I manually launch it again). Is this the expected behavior currently? (Windows 10, latest update, current canary, etc).

No, certainly not the expected behavior, it should just relauch the process. But at least the new problem is easier to work with than the old one :smile:

1 Like

I’m now attempting to upgrade from 2.0.2.14 to 2.0.2.16…

The GUI finds the new version and offers the “Show / Install / Dismiss” prompt as usual. When I click “Install”, it downloads and shows the download progrss bar… but now, the button bar just changes back to offering the same options - and if I click “install” again it begins the download over again. Repeat 4-5x so far and I’m concluding this is a legit new bug.

Confirmed. Exactly the same symptoms for me on multiple installs.
I fixed it by stopping the Duplicati service and overwrited the program folder with the Zip version of 2.0.2.16.

1 Like

I just noticed that my attempts to use the auto-update function was throwing these errors to the general log: