Box preparing to deprecate WebDAV in January 2019

Hello Devs,

I’ve been using WebDAV with Box virtually flawlessly since early this year. I’m concerned about this announcement (https://community.box.com/t5/Box-Product-News/Deprecation-WebDAV-Support/ba-p/55684). Back in February I had problems with Duplicati and the native Box storage provider (see The requested folder does not exist with box.com). I have not yet tried any simple backups again with the native provider to see if it now works better (I will soon). I know this is hypothetical but in the case that it does not work, I hope the Duplicati devs will work with me from now until Box WebDAV support goes kaput to get my backups going again. I really like Duplicati and it would be a shame for me not to be able to continue using it with my TBs of data that are backed up.

Thanks!

Thanks for the heads up on that!

I’ve been doing a tiny (3.5G) backup to box.com (not via webdav) with standard settings for 3 months without issue.

There have been a few updates (now using 2.0.3.11) since I started. What version are you using?

Thanks JonMikeIV,

I just did a 1G backup and restore and it seems to work fine. I’ll keep an eye on it.

Thanks!