Bountysource pocketing people's money?

A while ago I posted a bounty on an issue because I wanted to encourage development of a feature that I thought would be very useful(#314 Add parity file support). Unfortunately, there haven’t been much progress with this.

I just got the following email from Bountysource:

Hi,

You are receiving this email because we are updating the Bountysource Terms of Service, effective 1st July 2020.

What’s changing?

We have added a Time-Out clause to the Bounties section of the agreement:

2.13 Bounty Time-Out.

If no Solution is accepted within two years after a Bounty is posted, then the Bounty will be withdrawn and the amount posted for the Bounty will be retained by Bountysource. For Bounties posted before June 30, 2018, the Backer may redeploy their Bounty to a new Issue by contacting support@bountysource.com before July 1, 2020. If the Backer does not redeploy their Bounty by the deadline, the Bounty will be withdrawn and the amount posted for the Bounty will be retained by Bountysource.

You can read the full Terms of Service here

What do I need to do?

If you agree to the new terms, you don’t have to do anything.

If you have a bounty posted prior to June 30, 2018 that is not currently being solved, email us at support@bountysource.com to redeploy your bounty. Or, if you do not agree with the new terms, please discontinue using Bountysource.

Thanks for reading

Bountysource Team

Am I correct to understand that if the above issue is not merged/closed, Bountysource will just pocket the money for themselves?
If so, WTF!!
I never intended for that company to just take my money! And if this is really, what’s happening, does Duplicati still want to continue to use that service for bounties?!

I received the same message. And that’s how I read it as well. I do see the option to retarget the bounties. However it’s not clear to me if that restarts the clock on the 2 years. Perhaps we could have everyone put their bounties on the same item that is likely to be finished soon so that the developers can get paid?

Yuck, that is a lame policy. :frowning:

It looks like they just reversed their terms of service.

Ya, and rightly so. It was an extremely greedy and selfish policy change with no way for users who disagree to back out.

Good, I’m sure they got massive backlash!