Bitcoin donation address question

Hi, I would like to ask if someone in there knows about the bitcoin address placed in duplicati’s main website for donations is managed by someone inside the Duplicati project or it is managed from some kind of service like bitpay for example?

I’m working with the Devcoin project and they send donations to several open source software (look here: Donation-accepting organizations and projects - Bitcoin Wiki) and they have you in there, and they decide they want to fund more those OS Projects (please look here: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated), but some people argue in the bitcointalk forums ([DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated) that said addresses doesn’t belong to those projects.

Can you help me with that information in order to solve the situation please?

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

Yes, the key is a private key held by us. We do not have a DevCoin wallet though.

Thank you for your prompt answer! Oh don’t worry about the Devcoin wallet, for simplicity we donate directly to the bitcoin address in devcoins (I edited it, because I thought I misunderstood it sorry), but the community was worried that the projects couldn’t get the donations. Thank you very much for your reply, I will tell the guys.

====Editing Update====

The thing is we will send to your project address devcoins and they must be extracted and sent with a devcoin wallet. The bitcoin address is just for receivers who do not have a devcoin wallet yet, this way we can send you devcoins now and then can pick them up later once you get a devcoin wallet. You will be able to see that devcoins are going to their address in a devcoin block explorer, but you will only be able to extract and send them after you import your private bitcoin key into a devcoin wallet. You wouldn’t have to go through the private key transfer if you had a devcoin wallet, but since your project did not have one, we have to go through this roundabout procedure.

Another solution would be to download a devcoin wallet (http://devcoin.org/), and we will send your devcoins there, if you kindly do so.

Thank you very much and I’m so sorry if I said something that was untrue, it wasn’t intentional.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.