Beta Update never gets to activate on Linux

I’m on Ubuntu 20.04, trying to update from the old beta to the just released one.

I get the " New update found: 2.0.6.1_beta_2021-05-03"

Install goes through the “downloading” without error message, but then goes back to the show/install/dismiss. This will keep repeating.

I suspect I got into this from a failed attempt, I had gotten as far as activate, but I had forgotten to turn off auto backup and there was a backup starting. I’ve never been able to kill these things from the gui, so I turned off auto backup, killed the server from Linux, and restarted it.

That got me into the current loop.

Could be related to this:

Is the Duplicati started from systemd at boot? (systemctl status duplicati can help provide info).
In my testing, systemd was quite good about getting Duplicati back up even if I killed off its processes.
Alternatively, perhaps you start Duplicati at login or manually? Basically, please clarify your installation.

Restart Service using Web UI details how activate “should” work, FYI @warwickmm for linked issue.

which is stuck earlier (so it sounds). When you look at About screen, is it still on the old one (2.0.5.1)?
Then at least it’s entitled to know it has an update, but I don’t know why install doesn’t get activate offer.

Someone would probably have to reproduce the problem and/or dig into the code. Do you use strace?
That’s very technical, but could lead to an idea of what’s going on. See the issue I cited for an example.

Beta Update never gets to activate on Linux #4515 is probably the GitHub version of this.